Vegetables are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and help reduce the risk for many chronic diseases. Try these tips to eat more vegetables!
- Top a pizza with tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, and zucchini.
- Add chopped bell peppers or onion to scrambled eggs.
- Stuff an omelet with mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, or spinach.
- Dip raw veggies in low-fat salad dressing or hummus. Try bell peppers, cauliflower, carrots, celery, or cucumbers.
- Give your basic green salad a nutrient boost with grape tomatoes, baby carrots, or spinach leaves.
- Sneak shredded zucchini, carrots, or spinach into lasagna, pasta sauce, or meat loaf. You can’t even taste the difference!
- Give mashed potatoes a boost by adding cauliflower. Steam and mash the cauliflower right in with the potatoes.
- Try a vegetable smoothie, or add a handful of spinach to a fruit smoothie.
- Replace regular spaghetti noodles with spaghetti squash or zucchini.
- Try a variety of vegetable soups or try making your own vegetable soup.
These are just a few ways to add more vegetables into your meal plan. Do you have any tips or tricks on how to eat more vegetables? What are some creative ways that you “sneak” veggies into your kids? I would love to know, please share!